Ski Holidays in Switzerland
We are delighted to have the fantastic Chalet La Prairie Deux from where we will ski in the Swiss Alpine resort of Villars for the whole of the 2014 season (including Chirstmas and New Year 2013). Villars-sur-Ollon is in the heart of the Vaud Alps and has breathtaking views of the Mont Blanc Massif and Lake Geneva.
The ski area of Alpes Vaudoises has 74lifts and 220km of trails. The glacier at Daibleret offers year round skiing.
Children under 9 years old ski for free, 9-15 year olds are covered on the youth pass and adults are age 16+. This superb ski region directly links five alpine ski areas: Villars-Gryon-Meilleret-Isenau-Glacier 3000 with a single hands-free ski pass. There are 53 Easy runs, 52 Intermediate and 12 Difficult with excellent off-piste.
The accommodation is generally in en-suite rooms with twin and family rooms available. Our host team will ensure you are comfortable and well-fed, with a home cooked dinner, continental breakfast, afternoon tea and packed lunch all provided during your stay. We will not provide wine at meal times but you are welcome to bring your own. The team are happy to recommend local evening activities and will organise other evening activities. CLICK HERE for a photo album of the Chalet.
We are able to offer transfers from Geneva airport on the dates shown on the chart below.
The bus will drive away from the airport at 4.30, please do not book any flights later than 3.15. The transfer will return to the airport in time for a 10.30am check in. Flight arrivals and departures out with these times may not link up with the free transfer and you may have to make your own way to and from the airport. Should you choose to travel outside of those dates or transfer times then it is easy to catch a train from Geneva to Aigle and we can pick you up at the train station for a small fee.
Many budget airlines offer flights to Geneva – the earlier you book, the better the fare!
Instruction & Equipment
We can provide you with excellent value ski hire and ski instruction (Pre-booking essential), and free advice on the best places to ski. We can often provide young children with instruction but only on a private basis - please call for more info on age restrictions.
At Abernethy we are committed to keeping our prices for holidays and courses as low as possible. See prices on the availability chart below.
Included in the price:
Transfers to and from Geneva (at set times)
All food and accommodation for the duration of your stay
Optional evening programme
Not included in the price:
Towels - available to hire
Making a booking
Whether or not you have been skiing in Europe with us before, we aim to keep the booking process as straightforward as possible. Have a look at availability on the regularly updated chart below, call Ardgour on 01967 411222 or e-mail to discuss your chosen dates. By this point we advise that you will have looked at your flight options but please DO NOT book flights until we have confirmed your accommodation request.
1. Confirm availability with the bookings team at Ardgour
2. Confirm the times of the airport transfers with the team at Ardgour
3. Read the Abernethy booking conditions and pay a deposit of £60 per person within 14 days of booking and receive a receipt of your payment, if no deposit is received by this time your booking may be cancelled.
4. Book flights, organise winter sports travel insurance, organise an EHIC card (previously the E111) for each member of your party
5. Complete Instruction and Equipment Hire paperwork and return to the team at Ardgour
6. Pay the balance of your ski holiday by 6 weeks before your trip
7. After the full balance has been received we will issue you with an information pack which will include contact phone numbers for us in Switzerland and our link person in the UK
8. We will meet you in the arrivals area at Geneva airport ready to take you to the resort
Contact us today
Ski, pole and boot hire £75
Ski and pole hire £70
Block of five 2 hour lessons £85
Lift pass: 16 years+ £TBC, 9-15 years £TBC, Under 9's FREE