Outdoor Instructor - Abernethy Barcaple
Full time, Permanent contract
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our outdoor instructors are key to providing a safe, educational and enjoyable experience for our guests. We are looking for a skilled, committed team player to assist in the day-to-day delivery of our excellent activity programmes. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
You might feel that you are interested in this vacancy but don't yet possess the relevant training, in this instance, you should take a look at our Instructor Training Courses.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Instructor?
- Delivering high quality outdoor activity instruction both on & off site for our guests
- Ensuring that activity equipment is checked and maintained according to our policies
- Working with the other instructors to coordinate groups that are in residence
- Active involvement with ‘Explore' evening Christian programme
- Involvement with the local church
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- At least 2 NGB qualifications such as: Archery Award, BOF Award, DofE Supervisor/Assessor, Level 2 Mountain Biking Award, Moderate Water Endorsement, Mountain Leader, RYA Award, SPA, UKCC Level 2 Paddlesports (either Canoe or Kayak)
- First Aid certificate
- Full UK driving licence
- Previous relevant work experience
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of risk management and risk benefit
- Experience and evidence of working as part of a team
- Motivated and demonstrates initiative
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area including Seven Stanes
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andy Wade, informally for more information by calling 01557 820261
Complete the online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Manager, Morag Felgate or call her on 01567 820955
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.