Executive Assistant - Abernethy Trust Office, Nethybridge
1 Year Maternity Leave Cover. Start Date: 4th January 2018
This post is for 1 year in the first instance. At the end of the maternity cover we expect another comparative role to be available.
Who should apply?
This exciting and challenging role is essential to our ministry as our Chief Exec and Deputy Chief Executive spend much of their work time travelling. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and reliable and who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Executive Assistant?
- To provide secretarial and personal assistant support to the Chief Executive and the Deputy Chief Executive
- To work with the Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive in the planning, development and implementation of events, projects and meetings
- To be a welcoming and friendly contact face to face, on the phone and in correspondence
- To make appointments and manage diaries when required
- To prepare confidential contracts of employment and keep updated personnel files
- To attend certain meetings to take minutes and then distribute these as appropriate
- Active involvement with our 'Explore' Christian programme
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- Good word processing skills
- Previous experience of working with and supporting senior members of a team
- Self motivated, discreet and demonstrating initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Creative in research and information gathering
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board, single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment, swimming pool and indoor climbing wall
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area - the Cairngorm National Park and the Moray coast
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Executive Director, Phil Simpson, for more information by calling 01479 821279
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Manager, Morag Felgate or call her on 01567 820955
Abernethy is a group of 4 outdoor adventure centres in Scotland with an additional winter base in the Swiss Alps. We are a Christian organisation and are passionate about seeing our guests experience the love of Christ through the care and contact that they receive. Abernethy was established in 1971 and, since then has grown to include a team of over 100 people, some full time and some part time, some here as a gap year and some as a long term career. The team is trained to deliver the best outdoor instruction possible in some of the most stunning (and occasionally remote) locations in Scotland. We are here to serve guests, ensuring they have an experience to remember for years to come!