Childminder / House & Kitchen Team - Abernethy Ardgour
Full time, Permanent contract or 1 year Gap Year position
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our house team are essential for providing quality residential experiences for our guests and trainee instructors. We are looking for a hands-on team player who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key tasks of an Abernethy Childminder / House & Kitchen Team Member?
- To look after two energetic pre-schoolers for 2-3 days per week, ensuring high standards of care and opportunities for developmental play
- To work with the kitchen and housekeeping team leaders, ensuring high standards of customer service for guests at the centre
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the centre
- To deliver a high standard of meals to our guests, trainee instructors and residential staff
- Active involvement with our 'Explore' Christian programme
- Involvement with the local church
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- A motivated, flexible individual who demonstrates initiative and a willingness to take on tasks
- Previous experience and/or qualification in childcare
- Previous experience of cooking and cleaning
- First Aid certificate
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience and evidence of working as part of a team
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area - the Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Ben Nevis and Glencoe
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Louise White, informally for more information by calling 01967 411222
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.