Guest Relations Team Leader - Abernethy Nethybridge
Full-time permanent contract
Closing date: 6 December 2019, or until recruited
Start date: Early 2020
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life. Abernethy is all about people, and we are looking for a gregarious yet methodical person to maintain and build excellent and lasting relationships with our guests. If you love customer relations, great service, forward planning and strategizing, this job may be for you. You will be confident, well-presented and have a proven track record in a front of house role that mixes both brilliant interpersonal skills, sales and administrative tasks. With a very capable assistant, you will ensure that every guests’ booking experience is positive, proactive and efficient. As someone who loves setting and achieving targets, you will work hard to retain our existing clients, but also to bring in new ones to expand the Christian mission of the Centre.
What are the key tasks?
- To oversee all aspects of our guest bookings, ensuring excellent occupancy and Centre efficiency
- To build lasting and meaningful relationships with our guests
- To deliver the highest standards of customer care to ensure a positive Christian witness
- To be an enthusiastic and positive ambassador for Abernethy
- To plan ahead and liaise with group leaders
- To ensure a smooth transition between the enquiry, booking, planning, delivery and follow-up stages of our customer journey
- To ensure that the Centre departments are provided with accurate information to enable them to serve our guests effectively
- To collaborate with our Trust Marketing Team ensuring excellent communication and proactive forward-planning as we promote our work and develop new leads and opportunities
- To help develop goals, objectives and a strategy that lead to occupancy growth and financial sustainability
- To visit churches, schools and other organisations as required to promote Abernethy
- To serve on occasions as part of the Office Team, carrying out administrative tasks and front desk cover as required
- On occasions to deputise for the Office Manager
- To help us develop our bookings processes and administration systems to be as effective and efficient as possible
- To have an involvement with our Explore Christian programme
- To be actively involved with the local church (Abernethy Parish Church)
What experience are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have a mature and growing Christian Faith
- Are a positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Have a passion for customer relations and excellent service
- Are excited about the scope of residential and adventure ministry
- Have an outgoing, warm, friendly and collaborative approach
- Are able to problem-solve and think creatively
- Have experience in an administrative and/or sales role
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy planning ahead and getting the fine details right
- Love setting and meeting targets
- Are self-motivated, enthusiastic and demonstrate initiative
- Have excellent Office 365 SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook IT skills
- Have served previously with a Christian organisation, charity or church
- Educated to college/university level
- Have previous experience in using CRM software
What are the benefits?
- Monthly salary, plus appropriate allowances as required
- Accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum, increases with length of service)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Very favourable rates for family on most Abernethy Holidays & Camps
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Place at our annual Team Conference
- Easy access to the local area including Cairngorm Mountains, River Spey and the Moray Coast – a fantastic outdoor playground!
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andrew Marrian, informally for more information by calling 01479 821279
our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.