House Team Leader - Abernethy Ardgour
Full time, Permanent contract
Closing date: 10 March 2020
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our in-house team is essential for providing food and clean facilities for our guests. We are looking for a hands on team player who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
You might feel that you are interested in this vacancy but don't yet possess the relevant training, in this instance we would be willing to consider appointing a Trainee House Team Supervisor.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy In-House Supervisor?
- To train, supervise and work with the small catering and housekeeping team, ensuring high standards of customer service for trainee instructors and guests at the centre
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the centre
- To supervise changeover days at the centre including organising the laundry and lost property
- To deliver a high standard of meals to our guests, trainee instructors and residential staff,
- To plan menus and purchase food
- To have a working knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and COSHH
- Involvement with ‘Explore’ Christian programme, explaining and sharing the Christian faith with our guests
- Involvement with the local church
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- A motivated, flexible individual who demonstrates initiative and a willingness to take on tasks
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen
- Previous experience of working in a housekeeping department along with attention to detail
- Previous experience of supervising/leading a team
- A full UK Driving licence is desirable
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area - the Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Ben Nevis and Glencoe
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director Louise White, informally for more information by calling 01967 411222
Complete the online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001.
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.