Maintenance Manager - Abernethy Nethybridge
Full time, Permanent contract. Start date: January 2019
Who should apply?
This challenging and rewarding role is essential to our ministry as the excellent condition of our facilities and grounds is part of our Christian witness. We are looking for a hands-on and practical manager to motivate and lead our maintenance team in providing an effective and responsive service for the Centre. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life and you will be a positive role model to both guests and staff.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Maintenance Manager?
- Managing the safe and effective day-to-day running of the Maintenance Department
- Managing a small team and planning routines, projects and ongoing maintenance tasks within a budget
- Responding to unplanned and emergency maintenance needs, sometimes at short notice and sometimes out of hours
- Managing the maintenance and care of our trailers and maintenance vehicles
- Managing the maintenance of buildings and facilities, including our swimming pool, kitchen, Timeshare lodges and sleeping accommodation
- Managing the maintenance and repair of systems, machinery, plant and equipment
- Managing the upkeep of grounds including lawns, gardens, woodlands
- To be a key part of the Centre Leadership Team, including being involved in general operational aspects of leading our ministry, such as Duty Management
- Active involvement with ‘Explore’ Christian programme
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- Advanced knowledge of practical skills in facility management
- A sound technical knowledge of mechanical and plant equipment
- Training and/or qualifications in at least one trade (e.g. plumbing, electrics, car mechanics)
- Pool Plant Operator Qualification or previous experience in operating a swimming pool would be an advantage
- Great communication skills and the ability to motivate others
- Excellent organisational skills and capacity to respond to a range of different work situations
- A proven track record in leading a team with a hands-on approach
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work both as part of a team and on your own
- Previous experience of serving on a Leadership or Management Team
- Full UK driving licence with D1 + E entitlement (Minibus & trailer)
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary (plus additional food/utility allowance as required)
- Accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum) – increases as time of service increases)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area – the Cairngorm National Park and the Moray coast
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andrew Marrian, informally for more information by e-mail or by calling 01479 821279
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Manager, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001.
Abernethy is a group of 4 outdoor adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland. We are a Christian organisation and are passionate about seeing our guests experience the love of Christ through the care and contact that they receive. Abernethy was established in 1971 and, since then has grown to include a team of over 100 people, some full time and some part time, some here as a gap year and some as a long term career. We are here to serve guests, ensuring they have an experience to remember for years to come!