Maintenance Supervisor - Abernethy Nethybridge
Full-time, permanent contract.
Closing date: 03 February 2020, or until recruited.
Start date: ASAP
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as the standards of our facilities and grounds are in themselves a powerful Christian witness and key to providing an enjoyable experience for our guests. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to assist the Maintenance Manager to help us keep our extensive grounds, facilities and vehicles in tip-top condition. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Maintenance Supervisor?
- To assist the Maintenance Manager in his/her role, including out of hours emergency tasks
- To be a member of the Team participating in the general running of the Centre facilities and services
- Contribute to the safe and effective running of the maintenance department
- Contribute to the upkeep and development of centre properties, facilities (including a swimming pool), vehicle fleet and grounds
- Maintaining and repairing machinery and plant equipment
- Effective liaising with external service providers such as suppliers, tradesmen and contractors
- To carry out maintenance tasks as is required on buildings and essential services. This may include supervising painting and decorating, general repairs, development of the facilities, waste and pest control cleaning vehicles etc
- To service the grounds of the estate as they require it, ensuring that boundaries are maintained, lawns are cut and all areas are kept tidy and in good repair
- To ensure that the Maintenance Shed, vehicles and buildings are kept tidy and that equipment is stored safely and correctly, responsibly caring for tools issued for personal or general use
- To assist with the maintenance and care of Centre minibuses and other vehicles and trailers, including planning and preparing for routine checks and MOT tests
- To assist in the operation of the swimming pool plant and keep accurate records
- To have a general awareness and anticipation of potential maintenance jobs to be able to act on them in good time
- To help with the work of the Centre and its guests, assisting with spiritual, social and recreational programmes as required.
- To be flexible in approach to work, assisting in other departments as required and carrying out general tasks as the need arises within general Centre life
- To communicate with the Maintenance Manager as and when problems arise.
- To adopt the Christian ethos of Abernethy, derived from the statement of faith in the team handbook, in all of your life and work.
- To fully contribute to the spiritual life and work of the Centre including “Explore”, morning reading, team fellowships and other such activities, including being involved in the local Church as an extension of the Centre ministry.
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- General maintenance experience within DIY
- Aptitude for learning and problem-solving skills
- High standard of workmanship with attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- An awareness of health and safety requirements and safe working practices
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others within a team
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Positive Christian role model to our guests and team
- An understanding of the basic principles of plumbing, painting & decorating
- D1 qualification on Driving Licence
- Welding qualification
- Experience of vehicle mechanics
- At least 4 years in a trade/apprenticeship
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area – the Cairngorm National Park and the Moray coast
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andrew Marrian, informally for more information by calling 01479 821279
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.