Maintenance Team - Abernethy Nethybridge
Full-time, permanent contract.
Closing date: 02 December 2019, or until recruited. Start date: Immediate
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as the standards of our facilities and grounds are in themselves a powerful Christian witness and key to providing an enjoyable experience for our guests. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player to assist in the day-to-day operations in our Maintenance Team to help us keep our extensive grounds, facilities and vehicles in tip-top condition. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Maintenance Team Member?
- Contribute to the safe and effective running of the maintenance department
- Contribute to the upkeep and development of centre properties, facilities (including a swimming pool), vehicle fleet and grounds
- Responding to emergency maintenance needs, sometimes out-with normal working hours
- Maintaining and repairing machinery and plant equipment
- Effective liaising with external service providers such as suppliers, tradesmen and contractors
- Active involvement with ‘Explore’ Christian programme
- Involvement with the local church
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- General DIY and maintenance experience
- Aptitude for learning and problem-solving skills
- High standard of workmanship with attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- An awareness of health and safety requirements and safe working practices
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others within a team
- Positive Christian role model to our guests and team
- An understanding of the basic principles of plumbing, painting & decorating
- A willingness to learn new skills
- A trade of some kind within engineering, building spheres of work
- Full UK driving licence
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development. (Training will be given in the key roles of the maintenance team member as a matter of course).
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area – the Cairngorm National Park and the Moray coast
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andrew Marrian, informally for more information by calling 01479 821279
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.