Ministries Manager - Abernethy Nethybridge
Full time, Permanent contract.
Closing date: 28 February 2020, or until recruited.
Start date: ASAP
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. We also are passionate about the spiritual development of our brilliant Team Members who serve with us. This exciting role at Abernethy Nethybridge is essential as we strive to live out our vision. We are looking for a passionate and inspiring team-player who has drive, initiative and a heart for evangelism and discipleship. First and foremost, we are looking for someone who wants to serve God in this kind of outreach, so an active and mature Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Ministries Manager?
- To head up the provision of Christian input offered to our guests, mainly through our ‘Explore’ evening programme
- To be responsible for planning and implementing the Christian discipleship programme for the staff team, including our weekly Team Fellowship
- To maintain and develop strong links with our local community and church
- To plan, implement and develop our Explore programme in line with our vision and the needs of visiting groups and schools
- To be responsible for the coordination of planning, organising, delegating and delivery of all Abernethy Packages (e.g. Summer Adventure Holidays, New Year Houseparty, Women & Faith, Easter Weekend etc)
- To research, book and liaise with visiting guest speakers for both Abernethy Packages and our Team Fellowship
- To visit churches, schools and other organisations as required to promote Abernethy
- To assist with the provision of pastoral support to team members as and when appropriate
- To be a key part of the Centre Leadership Team, including being involved in general operational aspects of leading our ministry, such as Duty Management
- To have an active and hands-on involvement with our Explore Christian programme
- To be actively involved with the local church (Abernethy Parish Church)
What experience are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have a mature and growing Christian Faith
- Are a positive and enthusiastic Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Have a heart for service, evangelism and Christian discipleship
- Have a warm, welcoming, caring and friendly character
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to plan, organise, delegate and motivate
- Have an interest in the outdoors and an understanding of Christian residential ministry
- Have a passion for working with people of all ages, especially young people
- Have at least 5 years relevant work experience
- Have a proven track record in training, leading or coaching people
- Are confident, well-presented and can represent the Abernethy Trust in a positive way
- Are motivated, flexible and collaborative
- Love working as part of a team, but can work effectively alone
- Have previous experience of working at supervisory level in a church, business or charity environment
- Are willing to be flexible and go the extra mile when required
- Are happy to roll up their sleeves and be hands-on when needed
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Have past work experience in education, outdoor education and/or youth work
- Have previously attended an Abernethy course or holiday and have a good understanding of our spheres of ministry
- Have past work experience in a church, Christian ministry or residential/hospitality setting
- Have an understanding of the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence and RO in schools
- Have experience of public speaking and/or Bible teaching
- Have previous experience of serving on a Leadership or Management Team
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum – increases as time of service increases)
- Use of Centre facilities including swimming pool and climbing wall
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andrew Marrian, informally for more information by calling 01479 821279
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.