Office Manager - Abernethy Barcaple
Full-time or part-time available, permanent contract.
Start date: Immediate
Who should apply?
This role is essential to our ministry as our Administrators are often the first point of contact for booking enquiries. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and reliable with experience of administrative work and who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Office Manager?
- To manage the team to ensure the smooth running of the office
- To deal with routine enquiries by phone, e-mail and face to face
- To handle enquiries at the Reception Desk and deal with them
- To handle general sales and develop new leads and to encourage the team to do likewise
- To provide information to guests and departments within the centre before, during and after a guests visit
- To liaise with group leaders before and during their stay
- To undertake general administration relating to the running of a busy outdoor centre
- To play a full part in ensuring maximum possible occupancy of the Centre
- To ensure the administration of guest bookings is efficient and leads to payment of invoices according to our booking conditions
- To facilitate repeat bookings from our guests
- Active involvement with our 'Explore' Christian programme
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- A proactive approach to the job
- Previous management or team leadership experience
- Is people/customer focussed and will put service, friendliness and efficiency up there as priorities
- Great communication skills with team members and guests alike (phone, email and face to face) are essential
- An enthusiasm to develop new leads
- Good office and administration skills
- Self motivated, discreet and demonstrating initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Creative in research and information gathering
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full board accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- A contribution towards professional membership fees
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area including Seven Stanes
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001.
Abernethy is a group of 4 outdoor adventure centres in Scotland with an additional winter base in the Swiss Alps. We are a Christian organisation and are passionate about seeing our guests experience the love of Christ through the care and contact that they receive. Abernethy was established in 1971 and, since then has grown to include a team of over 100 people, some full time and some part time, some here as a gap year and some as a long term career. The team is trained to deliver the best outdoor instruction possible in some of the most stunning (and occasionally remote) locations in Scotland. We are here to serve guests, ensuring they have an experience to remember for years to come!