Office Team - Abernethy Ardgour
Full-time, permanent contract.
Closing date: 31 October 2019. Start date: Immediate
Who should apply?
Abernethy's vision is to provide exceptional outdoor adventure experiences where our guests can discover more about themselves, others and God. This role is essential to our ministry as our Office Team is often the first point of contact for guests. We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic person who is highly organised and reliable and who has a good level of initiative. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life. Abernethy Ardgour is home to our Outdoor Instructor Training Course for most of the year. Up to 12 students will call Ardgour their home as they use the Centre as a base for a number of NGB qualifications and awards.
This full time Office Team Member role may develop in future to a part time Office Team position, with the remaining hours working as a church or community ministry worker, within the local Church of Scotland parish: this will depend on the appointed candidate and their giftings, but includes some flexibility. Additionally, you might feel that you are interested in this vacancy but don't yet possess the relevant training, in this instance we would be willing to consider appointing a Trainee Office Team member.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Office Team Member?
- To deal with routine enquiries by phone and e-mail
- To take bookings and a friendly and efficient manner
- To handle face-to-face enquiries in the Reception and deal with them efficiently with a smile
- Assisting with general sales and developing new leads
- To provide information to guests and departments within the centre before, during and after a guests visit
- To liaise with group leaders and potential guests before and during their stay
- To undertake general administration relating to the running of a busy Adventure Centre
- To play a full part in ensuring maximum possible occupancy of the Centre
- To ensure the administration of bookings is efficient and leads to payment of invoices according to our booking conditions
- To facilitate repeat bookings from our guests
- Active involvement with our 'Explore' Christian programme
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- Have a growing Christian Faith
- Are a positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Have a warm and welcoming personality
- Have high standards in customer care
- Have an excellent telephone manner
- Have good office and administration skills
- Are able to use Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Are self-motivated, discreet and can demonstrate initiative
- Are willing to be flexible and go the extra mile when required
- Have good attention to detail
- Previous experience of working in an office or front desk environment
- And/or previous experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Previous experience of living and working in community
- Previous experience in using bookings or CRM software
- Good presentation skills
- An interest in youth work and/or outdoor activities
- Clean UK driving licence
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board, single accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including gym and climbing wall
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area — Fort William, Glencoe and the stunning West Coast of Scotland
How to apply:
If you are interested in the Office Team Member position, there are a few options you have to take your application further:
- E-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling, or call her on 01479 818001
- Contact the Centre Operations Director, Louise White, informally for more information by calling 01967 411222
- Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch
- Download our application form HERE and e-mail it to our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling
We look forward to hearing from you!
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.