Seasonal Snowsports Instructor - Abernethy Nethybridge
Full time, short term contract.
Closing date: 31 October, or until recruited.
Who should apply?
This exciting and challenging seasonal role is essential to our ministry as our snowsports instructors are key to providing a safe, educational and enjoyable experience for our guests each winter. We are looking for a hands-on team player to assist in the day-to-day delivery of our excellent schools snowsports programmes. You must be able to drive in the UK and be a qualified ski instructor. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Instructor?
- Delivering high quality outdoor activity instruction both on & off site for our groups
- Ensuring that activity equipment is checked and maintained according to our strict policies
- Working with the other instructors to coordinate groups that are in residence
- Active involvement with ‘Explore' evening Christian programme
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- Full UK driving licence for a minimum of 2 years & over 21. Ideally D1 entitlement
- BASI Level 2
- First Aid
- Another NGB qualification such as:
- Archery Instructor award
- BCU UKCC Level 2 Paddlesports (either Canoe or Kayak)
- Introducing Orienteering (BOF) or Teaching Orienteering (Scottish Orienteering)
- Level 2 Mountain Biking award
- Mountain Leader
- RYA instructor award
- Rock Climbing Instructor award
- Previous relevant work experience
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of risk management and risk benefit
- Experience and evidence of working as part of a team
- Motivated and demonstrates initiative
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
- Previous experience in a multi-activity residential centre
- Experience in amateur video editing
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full-board accommodation provided, or live-out allowance
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Lunch provided on work days (evening meal provided if working over evening meal time)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment and indoor swimming pool
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Generous family discounts (up to 50%) for Abernethy events and holidays
- Heavily discounted accommodation options for short visits from friends & family
- 10% staff discount in our Centre shop
- Place at our annual Team Conference gathering, with Bible teaching, worship, social and activity options
- Team Christmas party
- Access to discounted prices on outdoor clothing & equipment
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church and Christian youth work
- You will be living as part of a vibrant Christian community in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Great location for outdoor activities – close proximity to Cairngorms and River Spey
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andrew Marrian, informally for more information by calling 01479 821279
Complete the online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Kath Craig or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.