Senior Instructor - Abernethy Barcaple
Full-time, permanent contract.
Closing date: 16 December, or until recruited.
Start date: February 2020
Who should apply?
This exciting and challenging role is essential to our ministry as our outdoor instructors are key to providing a safe, educational and enjoyable experience for our guests. We are looking for a hands-on team player to assist our Chief Instructor in the day-to-day delivery of our excellent schools activity programmes. First and foremost, we are looking for people who want to serve God in this kind of outreach, so your Christian Faith will be evident in your life.
What are the key roles of an Abernethy Senior Instructor?
- Delivering high quality outdoor activity instruction both on & off site for our school groups
- Planning and delivering training in both hard & soft skills for our Instructors
- Working alongside the Chief Instructor with the day-to-day running of the department
- Ensuring that activity equipment is checked and maintained according to our strict policies
- Developing adventure activity programmes for our guests, specific to their needs and our resources
- Observing and monitoring activity sessions for quality assurance
- Delivering model activity sessions for our Instructors
- Active involvement with ‘Explore' evening Christian programme
What experience are we looking for?
In an ideal world, we would be keen for the following criteria to be met by the successful candidate:
- A broad range of NGB qualifications including some of the following: Archery Award, BOF Award, DofE Assessor/Supervisor, First Aid, Moderate Water Endorsement, Mountain Leader, Level 2 Mountain Biking Award, SPA, UKCC Level 2 Paddlesports (either Canoe or Kayak)
- Full UK driving licence with D1 entitlement (Minibus)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of risk management and risk benefit
- Experience and evidence of leadership and working as part of a team
- Motivated and demonstrates initiative
- Positive Christian role model for both guests and staff
What are the benefits?
- A monthly salary
- Full board accommodation provided
- Paid annual leave (30 days per annum)
- Use of Centre facilities including outdoor equipment
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Opportunities to take an active role within the life of our local church
- Living as part of a vibrant Christian Community, in a beautiful part of Scotland
- Easy access to the local area
How to apply:
Download our application form HERE
Contact Operations Director, Andy Wade, informally for more information by calling 01557 820261
Complete the online enquiry form and we will be in touch
e-mail our Recruitment Administrator, Steph Walling or call her on 01479 818001
Abernethy is a group of 4 residential adventure centres and a bunkhouse in Scotland and we are all about living life to the full with God and sharing outdoor adventures. Through our centres in the beautiful wilds of Scotland and a staff team motivated by their Christian faith, we aim to create the very best experiences for each and every guest.